Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

A Personal Post: All About Jason

I'm taking some time out from my regularly scheduled wedding and portrait blog posts to do a little bit of husband bragging today. I rarely use my tiny corner of the internet to post personal things, but I think this is a worthy cause! Jason doesn't know that I'm doing this, and anyone who knows him can attest that he will probably be kind of annoyed that I am posting about him because he doesn't like to be the center of attention (which kind of makes me want to do it even more!) ;-)

As many of you know, I broke my foot a couple of weeks ago and it happened at pretty much the worst possible time. I was set to leave 36 hours later for my first destination wedding in San Diego and then a couple of days later for a conference in Georgia. I was on crutches and could barely even move around the house, let alone cook, clean or help with the kids. Jason never once made me feel like an inconvenience and he took care of everything without me even having to ask. I left for San Diego knowing that my girls were in the best hands possible and that I had nothing to worry about. He cooked. He cleaned. He grocery shopped. He took them to school and made their lunches. He sang them their bedtime songs (which I'm guessing were much more creative and funny than the ones they get from me!) He basically did both of our jobs and made it look easy!

When I dropped Addie off at her class this morning, I was reminded once again about how awesome Jason is when her teacher pulled me aside to say what a JEWEL he is and how lucky I am to have him. I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel so unbelievably blessed to have this man in my life and to know that my girls have such an amazing man to look up to and call their dad. He shows them every day that they are loved, and beautiful, and important. He has also given them an incredible example of how a man should treat them someday by the way that he treats me. The men who want to date our girls in the (very very very) distant future have some HUGE shoes to fill!

Lest anyone think that I'm only posting this because of his amazingness over the past week and a half, I want to say that this post has been a long time coming. I hit the jackpot on the day that I married Jason, and I wake up each and every morning and wonder how I got so lucky. He is my biggest supporter, by best friend, and I couldn't imagine a better person to travel this journey of life with. I want to end this with a giant public THANK YOU to my husband: for working so hard for us, for your un-wavering support, for your encouragement, for being such a great dad, for being YOU and being awesome. I love you.