Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Alex & Adam: San Diego Destination Wedding Photographer

When I first started talking to Alex and Adam about their wedding photography I was thrilled! I am landlocked here in Colorado, so the idea of photographing a wedding on the beach in La Jolla was pretty darn exciting--plus I LOVE these two, so that made it even more great! I have so much to say about this wedding so I'm going to avoid getting too sappy, but just like Lauren & David's wedding in August, this one was extra special for me. When I met Alex she was a little girl who loved ballet and happened to be the little sister of my best friend, and now she is a beautiful grown woman who found the man of her dreams and works as a nurse in San Diego. Oh, and she's also my friend-cousin (that is the technical term to say that I married her cousin!) 

Their ceremony was held at The Wedding Bowl in La Jolla, California, which is a gorgeous grassy area overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and the reception was held at Adam's parent's beautiful home in Fallbrook. Alex has an incredible eye for details (as you can see from their engagement session) so I knew that she would have some really beautiful decorations, but when I first saw the Alice in Wonderland-themed reception site my jaw literally dropped. It was one of the most intricate and detail-oriented reception setups that I've ever seen! Oh, and if you don't know their engagement story it is super cute and you can see it here

Before I continue with the photos, I have to say a HUGE thank you to my second shooters/assistants Tiffany and Larissa! I broke my foot 2 days before this wedding, and without these two ladies I would have been in a tough spot. Tiffany is my great friend as well as a super-talented photographer, and she travelled all the way from Charlotte, North Carolina to help me with this wedding. Larissa just moved to San Diego from Denver and stepped in to help me at the 11th hour when she heard about my broken foot. Both of you ladies are incredible and I can't thank you enough for all of your help!!

For any fellow film-lovers out there, I shot several rolls of Kodak Porta 160, so you'll see those photos mixed in here as well. Now on to the photos! 
Is this an amazing place for a wedding or what?!?
 And how perfect to have a heart shape in the sky when you're getting married! 

 
Tiffany and I went to Adam's parents house in the morning to take photos, because we knew that it would be nearly impossible to do during the reception and I'm SO glad we did! Adam's parent's home was transformed into a wonderland of beautiful details and it was a perfect location for their reception! Adam's mom hand made all of the gorgeous fabric flowers and Alex spent months collecting vintage items for the tables--the amount of time and thought that went into this is incredible!
I love this table display of childhood and family photos as well as the photo canvas that they used as a guestbook! They had the guests sign in the state that they come from--how cool is that?? Even the puppy was dressed up for the occasion. ;-)
Now onto the reception itself! 

Alex and Adam: Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your gorgeous wedding! I wish you both a lifetime of amazing moments together! :-)

I also want to give a shout out to other vendors who were a part of their day:

Ceremony Location: The Wedding Bowl
Reception Location: Private Residence
Coordinator: Nita Nguyen
Groom's Attire: Friar's Tux
Hair & Makeup: Lauren Kellond
Invitations: Hydraulic Graphix
Flowers: Curious Floral