Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Look Back at 2014

I started 2014 with a dream and a list of goals that was a mile long. In January I made the decision to specialize in weddings and couples, which was a pretty huge change since I had been working with primarily families, children and babies since early 2011. Part of me thought that I would fall flat on my face and never work in this town again (I kid, but it really was nerve wracking!) At the time, I didn't have any weddings or engagement sessions booked and I was pretty much praying for a miracle. Rather than sitting around waiting for things to happen, I hit the pavement running and took my success into my own hands. It sounds cliché, but it is true: hard work pays off. As I sit here today I can't believe what a difference a year can make!

2014 Highlights:

~Specialized in Weddings & Couples
~Began hybrid shooting (film + digital)
~Founded Classic Colorado Romance: A Colorado wedding inspiration blog (launching 1-1-15!)
~Photographed my first destination wedding in San Diego
~Attended the Pursuit Conference in Georgia
~Took part in several awesome workshops and classes
~Began mentoring new photographers
~Had my work featured on several major wedding blogs!
~Made amazing new friends, both photographers and clients!


I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to my clients (new and old) for your support and loyalty! Without all of you I would just be a crazy camera lady, photographing my kids and dog all day ;-)

And what blog post would be complete without some photos?? These are some of my favorites from 2014...


















I couldn't end this post without also sharing some of my favorite moments from my portrait sessions this year! Sometimes photographing a gorgeous headshot client, a sweet family, or an adorable kiddo is just what I need! 


I wish you all a blessed and Happy New Year! Cheers!