Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Marcus + Brittanie: Mountain Maternity Photographer

Marcus and Brittanie's maternity session has officially gone down in history as one of my all time favorites! Not only do I absolutely LOVE these two amazing people, but watching them revel in the joy of the upcoming birth of their baby boy was such an incredible blessing to me!

I met Brittanie when we were cubicle neighbors at our corporate job several years ago. She was young and bubbly and always had me laughing...and when I got pregnant with Adeline, this girl was my rock from 8:00 to 5:00 Monday through Friday. She made sure that I drank enough water, walked to the bathroom with me a million times a day, and she was always ready to help with anything and everything that came up. She was a total Godsend!

I mention all all of that because watching her start her own journey with Marcus has been so amazing to me. From their engagement, to their wedding, and now to this--I couldn't be happier for them!

When we started talking about their maternity session, Brittanie made my heart skip a beat when she told me that she trusted my artistic vision and wanted me to plan the location and style myself! I chose Mount Falcon in Indian Hills for their location (because oh my word...those views!!) and we had amazing light and weather! Brittanie was absolutely stunning (as you'll see in a minute) but I have to say that one of my favorite parts of the night was seeing Marcus watch her with so much love and admiration as I photographed her. <3

Marcus and Brittanie: I love you both so much and can't wait to watch the next chapter in your lives with baby Colt!

*Technical note for anyone who may be interested: The last 4 photos are digital, but all of the rest are Fuji 400H film photographed with my Pentax 645N (120) and Canon 1V (35mm) cameras. :-)